- June 24, 2021
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Anti-Virus & Firewall
The ongoing vaccination campaigns and easing of travel restrictions have encouraged millions of people to prepare for a relaxing vacation after months of lockdown and social distancing.
Don’t cut your vacation short by neglecting to secure your devices and personal data, and save yourself the headache of losing access to your accounts or finances.
If your travel plans and itinerary have already been set, dedicate time to prepare the devices you’ve decided to take with you on holiday.
- Update passwords for all online accounts to protect against any potential credential stuffing attacks. Choose unique and robust passwords, and enable multi-factor (MFA) or two-factor authentication (2FA) where available
- Enable passcodes and PINs on all of your mobile devices to safeguard your data in case the device is left unattended or lost
- Install pending security updates on your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Install a local security solution with anti-malware protection to protect against malicious attacks while surfing the web on holiday
- Back-up data in case of theft or device compromise
- Install a VPN on all of your devices to ensure your data is safe if you connect to a public Wi-Fi, make online purchases or access your bank account
- Disable automatic Bluetooth connectivity on your device to prevent strangers from connecting to your device in public
While at your destination
- Avoid connecting to free public Wi-Fis in restaurants, airports, cafes or hotels. If you do, chose password-protected networks and use a VPN to prevent eavesdropping on online activity
- Resist the urge to post on social media platforms about your activity and location. You prevent anyone from breaking into your home or using the information to scam your friends and family
- Leave smart devices such as external hard drives, laptops and USBs in a safe at your hotel to avoid data loss and device compromise while exploring the surroundings
- Check your accounts for suspicious activity
Total Security is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. It offers complete real-time data protection alongside web-filtering technologies to ensure you don’t land on suspicious or malicious websites while browsing. The dedicated browser and VPN will protect your online presence, providing safe online banking and shopping by encrypting traffic on your smart devices.
Adding our Digital Identity Protection tool allows you to check for data breaches and adjust all of your accounts in minutes if needed. You can also check for social media impersonators and learn more about your digital presence for more privacy-focused decisions – only e-mail address and phone number required.
NOTE:: This article is copyright by bitdefender.com and we are using it for educational or Information purpose only