- June 7, 2021
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Global Sign
Article Purpose: This article provides step-by-step instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in Microsoft Exchange 2010. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please search for your solution in the search bar above.
- Open the Exchange Management Console and then select Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange 2010 > Exchange Management Console.
- Select Manage Databases.
- Select Server Configuration on the left menu. Select New Exchange Certificate from the actions menu on the right.
- When prompted for a friendly name, enter a name by which you can easily remember and identify this certificate. This name is used for reference only (it is not part of the CSR).
- Under Domain Scope, select Next. We advise against using a Wildcard certificate, however, if you do select that box for a wildcard, move to step 7.
- In the Exchange Configuration menu, select the services that will be secured, and enter the names through which you connect to those services.
- At the next screen, you will be able to review a list of the names which Exchange 2010 suggests you include in your certificate request.
- Your Organization should be the full legal name of your company as officially registered.
- Your Organization Unit is your department within the organization responsible for SSL.
- If you do not have a state/province, enter the city information again.
- Click Browse to save the CSR to your computer as a .req file. Click Save. Click Next. Click New. Click Finish.
- Open the CSR text file you created (c:\mail1.globalsign.req) in a simple text editor, such as Notepad. You will need the contents of this file during the SSL certificate purchase process. Below is an example of what your CSR will look like.
Please make sure the entire certificate is selected, including the five dashes at the start and end of the certificate.
- Purchase the SSL certificate. A comparison of GlobalSign’s SSL certificates is available to help you select the appropriate option.
- Submit the contents of the CSR. During the purchase process you will be asked to copy and paste the contents of the CSR file into a field then complete the certificate request form and wait to be contacted by a member of the GlobalSign vetting staff.
Once you have gone through the vetting process and received your certificate please follow the instructions on how to Install the SSL certificate on Microsoft Exchange 2010.
NOTE:: This article is copyright by globalsign.com and we are using it for educational or Information purpose only